Thursday, October 21, 2010

Update on the operation and Manga Tutorial

Can't say the "operation" when well because I vomited straight after the "surgery" and it was more of extraction than surgery, i.e. the dentist pulled the tooth out rather than cut and take it out. So well, its painful. And that's why I am still awake even at this ungodly time.

Anyways, I've decided to do some manga tutorials on basic manga skills. Like eyes, face, head, ears, hands, feet, shoes. Hair, toning, background, inking, and accessories are more intermediate skills. So, it's way beyond what an amateur like me can teach a normal person. Of course its largely due to my lack of experience in drawing that I've no idea how to go about doing it. But, today I'll be posting pics of basic head shapes(at different angles) for both female and male. And, I'll be posting the "basic hand how to".



Here it is. The first is a 360 planar view of a women's head. The next is the same but for a man's head. Then at the bottom is a rough sketch of a side view woman and the steps to drawing basic manga hands. If you noticed about the hands and the head, they are basic shapes that work together to make a natural form like the shape of a hand for example. Firstly, you work the base which usually consists of triangles, rectangles and circles. Then working on the base, you add the general look and add the details. Then voila, you get whatever you wanted to draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment